August 21

Linda Signer

Hi! I’m Ms. Signer and I am one of the Resource Teachers this year.  This is my 9th year at the OJCS.

I was born and raised in Ottawa.  I graduated from Ottawa University with a B.A. and from Guelph University with an M.A. in Child Psychology.  When I graduated I worked for the Durham Board of Education as a psychometrist.  I did psychological testing as well as carried out behavior management programs.  I married and moved to San Diego where I lived for 21 years.  I was very active in my children’s school, the San Diego Jewish Academy and was PTA President for a number of years.  When my daughters went off to university I decided to become an elementary school teacher. I taught for a few years and then when my daughters decided to settle on the East coast I decided to return to Ottawa.  I was fortunate and thrilled to get a job at Hillel Academy (OJCS).  I have taught grades 2,3,4, and 6 general studies at the OJCS and have been a resource teacher for almost every elementary grade.

I love to bake, travel, and attend music concerts.   I was in a bookclub in San Diego for 20 years and now have continued my love of reading with an Ottawa bookclub for the last 8 years.

I think it is important as a Resource teacher to be enthusiastic, positive, creative, calm, accepting and sometimes humorous with my students.

I thoroughly enjoy what I am doing and I am looking forward to a wonderful year this year!