September 13

Orianna Laderoute

My name is Oriana Laderoute and I will be working closely with Mrs. MacPhee, my teaching partner, and Sharon Reichstein as part of the middle school grades 4-8 Resource team.

I have been involved in the field of education for 35 years.  I began my teaching career at Champlain Regional College (CEGEP) in Quebec for 15 years in the Special Care Counselling Program. Since moving back to Ontario, I worked for the Ottawa Catholic School Board as an intermediate and high school classroom teacher, and then in specialized programs in the Achievement Center, Resource Department, Co-operative Education and Student Success: finishing my career as Department Head of Student Services. Since retiring from the OCSB, I have lived in Bangkok, Thailand with my husband for two years and worked at an American International School in the Student Service Department as a school counsellor.

My teaching career and experience has focused on empowering students to believe in themselves, fostering academic, social and emotional growth and preparing them to be contributing global citizens.

I bring a positive attitude and energy to everything I do. My academic and life experiences have provided me with a greater understanding of the educational needs of my students and an appreciation of cultural diversity.

I look forward to providing support and encouragement to your son/daughter and working together for success this school year.