September 13

Wendy MacPhee

My name is Wendy MacPhee and I am working at OJCS as part of the resource team. My teaching partner, Oriana Laderoute, and I are delivering the middle school resource program. I have been in the field of education for the past forty years. My teaching credentials include an undergrad in psychology, a teaching degree from St Francis Xavier University and a MEd in Counselling from Ottawa University.  In addition, I have a specialist in Special Education from The Ontario Ministry of Education.  

I have worked in many different education settings (elementary, secondary and post secondary) and have taught many different grades (grade 1 to 12) over the years. I started my teaching career in Northern Ontario for several years and then moved to the Ottawa Catholic School Board ( OCSB) where I worked for over thirty-five years. After retiring from OCSB, I have worked with schools in Brazil in a teacher training program, worked at the Ministry of Education with teacher candidates and developed a youth leadership program with the Science Museum in Ottawa. 

One of the reasons I love working with children is because I have the opportunity to get caught up in their energy and to continue to learn alongside them. My years of experience have taught me the value of patience and encouragement when working with students. I will work closely with students to provide individualized support and the praise they require. I have  truly appreciated and learned from every child and every family I have worked with and I look forward to this school year.