November 4

Sneaky Math – How to Sneak Math into Daily Living

One of the Workshops I offer through my personal consulting business, is how to sneak math into everyday living. The intent is to think about Math through the context of everyday living and through the context of an isolating subject being taught or learned at school. Math is everywhere and it’s one of the easiest subjects taught in school to reinforce at home, without little ones even having a clue they are doing Math!

One word of caution is to be mindful of your own personal biases toward your own feelings about Math. It tends to be that subject that you we either love and feel comfortable and confident with, or it’s a subject that evokes stressful memories and a subject that perhaps we struggled with ourselves in school. It’s important to keep those feelings neutral. Help your child discover a love for Math without calling it Math.

I’m attachingĀ a “How to Sneak Math into Daily Living” PDF document. These tips follow the five strands of the Ontario Curriculum but shown in a way that you can implement at home with everyday activities and conversations. Make it fun!!

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

Posted November 4, 2018 by sreichstein in category Uncategorised